Rogue Fable III combines the challenge, tactics and strategy of classic roguelikes with a modern interface and graphics. Designed from the ground up to be winnable in a single hour, but with a huge variety between runs. Rogue Fable III includes:
- 9 base character classes which can be multi-classed over the course of a game.
- 6 skills, 65 talents and 42 abilities from which to build your character.
- 13 unique dungeon branches to discover
- 110 monster types each with their own abilities, behaviors, strengths and weaknesses.
- 140 items to collect.
Rogue Fable III is now in active, continuous development on Steam Early Access and will be receiving updates, improvements, and new content there. The web version is, nonetheless, a completed game in itself and will continue to act as a demo.
We’ve been using a discord group for feedback, bugs and general game discussion:
- Shift + clicking your character will perform extended rest
- the num pad keys can be used for movement
- 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. are used to quick cast your abilities
- [a] is used toggle targeting mode w/ the keyboard i.e. you can use the numpad to move the cursor (useful for ranged attacks)
- [w] is used to swap between your current weapon and previous weapon
- [e] is used for auto explore
- [tab] is used to auto attack the nearest enemy
- [q] is used to auto attack with your quick slot weapon.
- [esc] will cancel abilities, items, and close menus.
- < and > are used to fast travel to the stairs or to go up and down the stairs when you are already standing on them.